Jan 15: let's get down to business

WHAT HAPPENED TODAY

The night prior to today's class I had discussed thoroughly with my parents about the sets that we wanted and confirmed them. During class, the first thing I did was gather my group members around and drew up a schedule of the coming weekend. The initial plan was to do what I had done in my first semester's film and shoot over the span of one afternoon and the entire night. However, since almost all of the film was set during the day, this was not ideal in the least. 

After a discussion confirming this with Hannah, I then told the group that shooting would commence over the span of two days, without any overnight shooting. Night scenes would be shot in the late afternoon/evening, which could pass off as night if we covered up windows. The one scene that is outdoors should be shot the moment darkness falls, for maxmimum efficiency.

I also realized that, after reading the updated script for a third time, a rewriting was truly in order and despite thinking as much in the last lesson I only acted on it today. However, given that I'm decently confident in my scriptwriting ability, especially getting it done in a brief span of time, I started rewriting it today. I asked my peers to help me in terms of developing the characters, and I finished the script with 7 pages and Joel having a solidified personality. 

IB LEARNER PROFILE

Today I had to be a thinker and knowledgeable, thinking and planning the script as I write it while calling on my previous knowledge of scriptwriting. 

No comments :

Post a Comment