Jan 13: out of action for one class and i have to become the producer once again no

WHAT HAPPENED TODAY

Since for most of the previous class I was busy completing my Criterion A portfolio, I was suddenly faced with Hannah's completed and brief rewritten script. After thoroughly checking over it (noting that a rewriting, at some point, would be necessary for bettering the plot and characters) I realized that to none of us were the settings easily accessible, even after the rewriting. It was during this class that I decided it was time to call my mother to ask her whether we had any of these locations available to us for filming. Luckily, because she knew quite a few people, I was able to secure a factory- a fabrics factory that we would have to pass off as an arms factory- and an empty office block. Photos were shared and I received the approval of the director. 

We also decided on who would play what roles today, finally. Because of previous experiences in the earlier semester as well as a summer camp that I know was straining, Dom had no desire to be a major character that required much acting. It was decided then that he would be "Boss", who is Joel's (our main character) boss. It was also quite helpful that Dom could do quite a convincing voice with professional sounding tones, helpful to our character development that by the way, isn't really present in our current script. Which I'm going to fix at some point, hopefully. 

We also decided that because of Tony's 'speech impediments' (a lisp and an accent that takes away from the idea of a mysterious gritty FBI agent) that Hannah would play the role of Joel, who we then changed to be gender-neutral. Tony agreed to be the antagonist- the Triad terrorist leader Zhang Wei- who had no major speaking roles other than various Cantonese phrases. 

It was concluded that any stock characters would be myself, and any of my family members who would tag along to our shoot, and that while they were in scene acting I would be doing most of the camera, sound and directing work. I'm not complaining, much, either, so hopefully everything should work out. Also, I'm doing production, since I have to organize setting and scheduling which I'll get straight next class as most of this class was casting and straightening the new script. 

IB LEARNER PROFILE

Communication was obviously a key skill required during this class as we had to make sure that everyone was satisfied with their roles. We had to take into account everything, too, most notably the initial "character clashing" with Hannah (gender: female) playing Joel (gender: initially male), but managed to solve this problem by being open minded with the script. This was helpful on Hannah's part, obviously, but we all were a little bit averse to making yet some more changes to the script. I fear that I will have to rewrite the script (as I've mentioned before) as although plotholes have definitely been filled there's still a huge lack of character development. 

No comments :

Post a Comment