Dec 4: Crit. A: Game start

WHAT HAPPENED TODAY

We were briefed on our Criteria A assignment and with Ms. Wong, unpacked the criteria. Essentially, the task is to create a full pre-production portfolio, inclusive of a script, a storyboard, a shot list and a series of overhead diagrams. 

When we were introduced to the theme of The Twilight Zone, and the more specific idea of portals, I got an idea for what I wanted to do pretty much straight away. However, when I began writing the script (and pulling up a bit of research what the plot would center around) I found that there was quite some difficulty in trying to 'keep it real'. This was because the way I pictured the film in my mind would realistically be very hard for a no-budget student production to carry out, regarding both setting and character props. 

IB LEARNER PROFILE

I had to be pretty reflective during this class because I had to reconsider my work by reflecting on it throughout the process, while I was writing. This is better than reflecting on potential mistakes after the script has been completed, as being able to weed out problems i.e., setting and props as well as actor safety as my script uses portals simply by falling down a lot and actors could get hurt; Safety is a concern that needs to be taken care of, if my pitch gets chosen. 

No comments :

Post a Comment