Oct. 10th: since when did I become the producer this is an alarming turn of events

WHAT HAPPENED TODAY

Today was a busy day for me because I had to act as my group's producer. I set up all the locations for my scenes and organized a time and place with my parents and organized the entire shoot that we're planning in one night. I sent an email to the owner of the bar (I scouted for bars and other locations like parking lots and building roofs last night and managed to obtain a few business cards) detailing the shots that we were going to do.
http://puu.sh/59Qim.png
However, it wasn't a 100% guarantee that we would get it so I was sure to alert one other bar and to bear in mind the contact details of another. All of this took a surprisingly lengthy amount of time, although reflecting on it now I guess it makes sense as we want to get our entire film shot in one night + the morning, so it's going to need shipshape production. I created a template for our shotlist too, as we're shooting on sets in order of priority as opposed to chronological order.

IB LEARNER PROFILE

Communication plays a big role in production, I guess. I had to talk to (and probably negotiate afterwards) owners of the locations we didn't have permission for, set up shooting and such (being the DP as well). It is a bit tedious but a necessary role somebody needs to play. 

No comments :

Post a Comment